this white substance. form the skies. it is not nice and pretty. it's yucky and wet. it makes my toes wet and streets slippery. I am not impressed. i do realize that it's already almost December, and it is about time to get some snow aka white substance, but I am not ready.
don't get me wrong - I do like winter. I like lots of white fluffy snow and I love skating and skiing and tobogganing. but today it's gray and not very nice...
in additon - I got to work, and everyone seems to sabotaging my love for work. All I need is a computer and some peace. But no. Everyone is hogging the computers, and chat, chat, chat and chat. No kas siis toesti ei saaks natuke rahu???
So I escaped to the student computer room. It had a computer for me, and it was even quiet. For 4 minutes. The a guy arrived, followed by his buddy, and now they chat, chat, chat... in arabic.
I should go for some calming tea... But my tea-buddy is not here yet... We have this common "coming-in-late" syndrome.
And I all I wanted to do, was some work! I do need to get this paper out of my sight. At least for a little time.
Yesterday was nice though.
We had an awesome lab lunch at a Thai restaurant, and I didn't need to pay, which was the best part about it.
And then we discussed my paper with my boss, and it didn't take usual 6 hours, but only 1. And there is not much to change, which is great.
And then Adam and I went for a concert - a Ottawa Symphony playing Scandinavian composers - Grieg (Peer Gynt), Nielsen and Sibelius. It was awesome! Also - we sat in the very first row. I don't think I have ever sat in the first row. It was great though! You get to see all the shoes, and you can almost hear some individuals. I liked it! I also got to wear my new sexy boots! They actually didn't kill me. I was able to walk there, and be at the concert, and walk back with no complications. So awesome! Usually I have limp back, and then I never wear these again. But these boots are different.
Ok, my tea-buddy arrived, and her and I are going for tea/coffee:)
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment