I just HAVE to share this story with you.
Ok - I decided to test some glogg recipes (hõõgvein), as I want to give them as Christmas party presents on Thursday on our BMI Christmas party (don't ask me, why I want to put so much work into it!). So - I have bought all the spices and my apartment smells wonderful. I also searched the web for the best possible recipes. Of course I didn't find any that satisfied me, so I will improvise. I even got a bottle of wine. So - I was all ready - the pot was ready on the oven and the spice mix was ready too. All I needed was the wine.
So - I took the tool to open the wine, and started to remove the covering "plastic". The "plastic" was VERY resistant. I managed to make a little hole, and tried pulling with fingers, then with my teeth - but nothing! So I decided to sit down and work seriosuly on this bottle. I was thinking to my myself, that wow, I didn't remember it being so difficult. And kept working on this "plastic" piece by piece, and starting to get angry. Then I hurt my finger with one piece, so that the blood came out, and I was seriously getting mad and I was thinking what the hell is this made of.
And then - shhhh - and the "bulb lighted up" - it was screw cap. And me, blondie, was opening it with the sharp end of the cork remover.
Wow!
Some days I am SO impressed with myself :P
Anyways - now all is on the oven and cooking. It smells WONDEFULLLL!
But about today more - in general I feel high or hangover. Of something, which I'm not too sure. At work I had a hard time walking.
On my way back I was introducing two of my friends, and I had just forgotten one of their names (Sorry, Fabien, I really am sorry).
And then, on my way out of the school bus, I decided to fall out of the bus, instead of walking.
What a day, eh!
Another moment to add: I was enjoying my glogi (which came quite strong...), and then I received a text message "evelin, i hope u r not sleeping?". I couldnt recognize the number, but figured that this person must know me, so I answered "of course not. not yet at least".
answer: "oh great, I wanted to call u to say hi"
answer 2: "this is sam s..."
This when I got puzzled. Sam... Hmm... The name sounded familiar... My first thought was to google. I put the name in, and then got this "genius" idea, that this MUST be my student, so I will just search for him (or her) from university website. well - no results.
And then I noticed to check the google again, and lot's of Taekwondo stuff was there. And THEN it clicked - OF course. This is Samuel's Taekwondo trainer. And I had agreed to meet him. Then it was clear.
But I can't believe I actually thought he's my student. Alzeimers, what else, I guess... Thankfully I checked him up before he called, otherwise I would have asked very nicely about the gold and silver mines, and rotors and stuff like this. Or even worse - about chemistry labs.
* I remembered another "blonde" moment:
So already a few years ago I bought a bottle of mustard. In the plastic bottle. I came home, screwed off the main cap, and then removed the thing that keeps it fresh (the seal?), and screwed the main cap back, because it seemed like dispenser. But - the dispenser wasn't open from anywhere. But it was obvious, that it should be, judging by the shape.
Again - I was thinking and looking it from here and there, and I was trying to snap the pointy end off... No results. Nothing.
I was getting very upset.
So in the end I took the knife and saw (because it was too thick for cutting) the tip off. it took me quite a few minutes of serious work.
And THEN I noticed, that all I had to do was to screw this thing (just the tip), to make the hole form. Of course - since I had seriously violated this bottle, this system didn't work anymore.
I haven't bought mustard ever since (way too intelligent to me).
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment