Yay! There was a white envelope in my mailbox today! It was a card! With a Santa Clause and Snowmen and good wishes. So sweet! I LOVE cards:) Thank you, Uudu:)
What else did I do to celebrate the first working day at 2008.
Well. First I slept in. I had set my alarm clock for 8, and then by 9.30 I figured out, what is this annoying and peeping thing, and what does it trying to tell me.
Then I had received an e-mail from my supervisor, who "gently" reminded me, that the University is officially opened, and that everybody is at work at Roger Guindon (my building). So I made my way to work (pretending I never saw the e-mail). And guess what - most people were NOT at work. Heh - "everybody is at work" - yeah, right. Maybe somebody needs glasses.
I did have to go anyway, to run ONE more control for my draft. I can't wait to send it off.
I decided to leave around 2.
Because I had a "date". Ok, not really. One of my (favourite) ex students had invited me for high tea at the Château Laurier (mind you, this is the fanciest hotel in town).
Wow - it was amazing!!! They bring you loads of little snacks, and some awesome tea. It was so, so cool, and oh so delicious! Wonderful! Good chats:)
And we were there for 2 and half hours. For tea.
At 5.30 Peter picked me up, and we went to his sisters place, to have dinner with his sister and sisters boyfriend, and dad and dads wife, and Jeremy, and Sarah and her boyfriend.
I was so full from the tea, so I needed to skip the cheese, but I was fine for dinner. There were some super delicious triangles (potatoes, chicken, curry etc in filo pastry). And salad and so on. It was so nice.
And his dad was cool too. So there was no need to be stressed :) Everyone was cool and fun actually. And poor Jeremy was made fun at, as at the New Years eve he slept at 7/11, which is a 24 hour store. He couldn't find any other place to stay.
Oh, and there were 4 dogs as well. So lot's of action in this house.
And I like action.
And now I'm at home. I'm trying to watch the "Kite Runner". I already watched a half the other day, but then they took the movie off the web. So now it's back, and I want to finish it before it vanishes again. It's a great movie. It's about 2 best buddies in Afganistan at 1978, who love kites. And then how their relationship takes a fall. One of them becomes really nasty, so the poor guy has to leave with his dad. And then the Russians move in and the rich dude moves to States. And then I need to watch. But I know that he goes back to help his buddy.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
see kaart tuli vist Etioopia kaudu :). A noh, peaasi, et sinna ei jäänudki, vaid ikka kohale jõudis ...
hihii. vaatasin jah, et koos kaardiga tuli hunnik liiva :) nyyd siis tean - Etioopia liiv:) Vagev!
Post a Comment