Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm broke and crazy

Ok. I managed to get myself registered! One might think, that what's the big deal. But it was a quite a significant achievement, as the faculty of grad studies had made a little "spelling" mistake. Usually people are given 7 years to complete their PhD. And then they need to ask for a permission. But for me they gave 4. So I had to be done and written up and defended and gone by Dec 31. 2007. Which I was not. And I also couln't register, as I was already "deleted" from the system.
Anyway. I got it fixed, and I am registered for another semester. I can't wait to get out of this crazy house though.
And on this note. Among the other things I registered myself for my PhD research seminar. It will be on April 17. And this is CRAZY! It's crazy, 'cos people usually do it as a last thing before the end. And soon after they submit their thesis and then they disappear. So - i think that the end is near for me too...
I also signed up for my last exam. It's called Comp II (comprehensive exam nomero two), and it involves 3 profs, who all will give you a paper, and you have four weeks to study EVERYTHING about these papers, and then there's an exam, where they will nearly kill you. Slightly scary. But - people do it, so...
It's just another "fence" to jump over...
So yeah - it will be a busy semester... Why am I not excited?

And - since I registered, I also had to pay my tuition. 4700 dollars! Insane. I could buy a car for that. And it's only good until May. Seriously, I need a night job, or something. Or, I could get married. To a knight. Or just wealthy. Anybody?

Oh, and on a separate topic. I have new hairdo. I cut my hair last night (I was bored). So now I have bangs. Short bangs in front. It's quite interesting. People think, it's cute. So I think no real catastrophe:)

No comments: