Thursday, January 24, 2008

ma kaeban meeste peale nüüd (complaint about guys)

I just need to share this. I just can't understand why I have to fall into scenarios like this... the story is as follows.

There is He. He is very nice. He likes to go to random activities, and he likes also cultural stuff, and he calls to Her, and She calls him, and they spend time together, and have a good time. She has met his family, and He has met Her friends. All is cool. Seems to be cool at least.
Then there is Wednesday. He calls. They chat. She says she is going to a dinner on Friday, to celebrate her friends defense. He says he wants to join. Ok. She includes him into the plan.
Friday. He calls at 8. She is on her way out. He says He is going to come, but he will a little bit late. Ok, She says.
It becomes 9. He's not there. The food is being ordered. He's not there. The food is finished. He is not there. She is tired, and confused. She gets home at 11, and calls Him. No answer. She leaves a voicemail a la what happened, call me. He doesn't call. On Friday. He does not call on Saturday. He doesn't call on Sunday.
Sunday night she calls Him, and leaves another voicemail.
No call from Him.
She sends him a textmsg before falling asleep. Asking, whether everything is ok. She adds: I miss you.
On Monday morning there is a textmsg: I miss you too.
Oh, wow, He is alive, She thinks.
Monday night She calls. Nothing. Voicemail.
No call back.
She is slightly upset.
She is confused.
She is mad.
She is also hurt.
On Tuesday She investigates the guys thinking patterns. The consensus says that He is a ... [insert bad word here], and that She is better off without Him. They tell Her to break it off even (like with the straw). That's a joke. Sort of.
In the night She discovered a voicemail from Him. Just 'hi" and saying that He will be in town this weekend and that He will call later.
Wednesday comes around, and She gets used to the idea, that it's time to move on. His loss.
Wednesday night He calls. She doesn't hear it on time, so there' s a voicemail. He sounds sweet, and asks Her to call back.
She does call back. Later. He doesn't pick up.
She sends Her a short txtmsg. She also mentions that She is going to see the ballet Carmen, and wonders whether He'd like to join.
Thursday. No reply.
Thursday night. She calls. Once. No answer. Twice. No answer. Third time - still nothing.
It's His birthday tomorrow. She thinks there is no reason for a gift. Even the call - why bother. She thinks that txt-happy-b-day it will be...

***

Damn it!
What the hell is going on???
Is this 'normal' among guys? and WHY?
Why can't people [read: guys] just talk?
I do not like it! At all!
It annoys me.
And I don't have time for it.

But - maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I'm expecting something that doesn't exist? Maybe I'm the spoiled one. Maybe I'm the one who is too smothering?
... I don't think I am though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, kuule ...
Ma arvan, et Sa keera rahulikult uus lehekülg ja tegele asjadega, mis on vähe tulemuslikumad, osta näiteks jäätist :). Ehk kui mingit tõsiseltvõetavat selgitust ei saabu, siis pole ka mõtet uuesti lehte tagasi keerata.

Eesti keeles öeldakse siukste kohta üldjuhul lihtsalt - saabas...

Martin Hoz said...

As you said My friend, that's his loss.
Hey, I am a guy, and even if you don't want anything with the girl, there is this thing called courtesy... ;-)