I just got home from the celebrating Estonian Birthday. I know, I know, it's a bit too early (the REAL day is just in a few days). But the Embassy decided to throw the party tonight. I took Adam from our lab (true canadian, no estonian blood there, but I know he appreciates good music. ... AND he has a car...), and headed to the Museum of Civilization.
First there was a WONDERFUL concert by Tõnu Naissoo Jazz Quartet (with Toomas Rull, Taavi Remmel and Meelis Vind), with Anna Põldvee as vocalist.
It was so awesome! I loved this one hour.
The concert was followed by reception. There was wine, there was cheese, there was fruit and there was chicken. Great stuff! I had a few. Of each:) And I got to chat with most of the "old crowd", and I also met Toomas Rull and Taavi Remmel and Anna Põldvee and we got to chat. They are fun:) I hope I can get them back to Ottawa to perform. In the summer - when it's warmer and nicer:)
It's amazing though - as just living abroad gives you an excuse to meet these "big names" in Estonia (such as tonights people, plus Eri Klas etc). Some days I feel like somebody important:) Or should I even say like a "prominent" myself :)
Another piece - my friend Marje keeps calling me Krista. It's cute:) And the good thing is that I do like this name:)
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment