Thursday, March 6, 2008

party story

First I needed to celebrate my 5 years in Canada.
Second - I really needed to get drunk.
So - I had a party. On Saturday.
I called it a "slumber party" on Facebook. Because I was thinking of lumbr and lumberjacks and logs and bonfires, and I thought it's a romantic theme. Then I got questions, that why are boys invited, and what kind of slumber party it is then. And then i found out that slumber party means a sleepover party. Hmmm...
I also warned people that my apartment is plus 30 degrees (just like my tropical island Estonia), and I changed the theme into red and white bikini party.
And igamine that - everbody showed up in sweaters. There was no bikinis nor even just t-shirts. Also - no-one wore red. And tehre wee 15 or so people. What are the odds. Finally Radek came in red and white - and that was cos he is polish:)
It was a fun night. We had drinks. We tried Vana Tallinn and Kristallkymmel. We had rum from Dominican Republic. We played Mafia. We discussed many topics. It was really fun!
The last person to leave was Sujeeve - at 3 am or so.
And Andrea stayed over - to make it a real slumber party:)

But - something else happened. I fell. And not "just", but I fell out of my bed. And to remind you - my bed is high - it's about 1 m from the ground. And when I went to pick up the sheets for Andrea, I slipped and fell down. And to make it more complete - on my way I hit my shelve, andafter my landing ALL my shelves and clothes fell on top of me. It was pretty funny!
Of course then next day it was time to count the bruises:)

In general - I didn't feel to well on Sunday. I had a head ache. A big one. So I watched a movie - Bella (2007). It was sweet. And then at 2 i dragged myself out to enjoy sunshine. It was a GORGEOUS day - sun, and not too cold, and lots of snow... I went to feed ducks. But "pagana pardid" (damn ducks) were on the other side of the river. So I did not feed the ducks.

And in the evening we had Baltic FIlm festival and Estonian movie Autumn Ball (Sygisball) was playing. It was interesting... Definitely good job in filming and acting. And the storylines were ironically funny. It was also depressive, but not in a too invasivve manner. Overall I think it was pretty good. But - I'm biased. I can't say that I would have liked it as much, if it were to Latvian.

And the week so far - nothing new really... on Wednesday we had a big snowstorm. It was cool! Lot's white fluff snow. Again. I like it:) But people in general are geting tired. Th traffic is crazy always. The city is running out of salt. It takes a long time to get anywhere.
But I still like it. I don't drive. I don't need to get anywhere on time (except Thursday and Friday morning). And fluffy snow is pretty.

No comments: