Sunday, July 20, 2008

accepted!

Today was a beautiful day!
Today I received an e-mail from a Journal of Microbiological Methods confirming that my paper has been accepted for publication!
This is amazing!
My very first published paper, that someone at some point will even read.
I'm happy.
I still have hope.
To leave this place and have a life.
And I have actually accomplished something.
It was about time.

And, man, it was a long journey. I sent it (my manuscript) off the first time one year ago. To the journal called New England Journal of Medicine - Science citation index 42!
It came back negative (rejected).
Then I tried Nature Biotechnology - no luck.
Nature Method - they seemed to like it, but still refused. No reviews even - just editor saying no.
Then Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy - it went out to reviewers. But they didn't like it. Or it seemed that they just didn't like the general concept of peptides as future antibiotics.
Anyway - negative.
And then - I sent it to JMiMet (SCI about 2.2). It was in the beginning of June.
And now - it's accepted!

I am happy!

Julia and I celebrated too:)
We had a smoothie on the roof of the shopping mall.
I had a huge cinnamon bun.
We did yoga.
We had sushi.
We had tea.
We had more tea.

And tomorrow I'm going to the sauna at the Nordic Spa. It's time to rejuvenate and get my second manuscript in.

No comments: