Big news first - last Thursday I got the confirmation that I have a mini post-doc position in France from June 1 to Sept 30th. It's amazing! I will be leaving Ottawa on May 29th at 5 pm. The return ticket is for Oct 22.
In France I will be located in Tours - right in the middle of the wine fields (2 hours from Paris toward Spain).
What has been going on in the meanwhile:
- Audi (kitty) was visiting me from Thursday to Sunday. Wonderful time.
- Saturday - May 9 - party to warm up Vanjas house and celebrate Nastjas birthday. Theme Moscow and Mojitos. Lots of fun.
- Friday - May 8 - Ottawa Microbiology Symposium - I was one of the invited speakers and got introduced as a Doctor. It felt good. And later, a professor aftewards reffered to Dr. Hundionu's talk. My heart sank a little:) The talk went pretty well. even though I had a hard time concentrating due to France-associated thoughts.
- Thursday - May 7 - baking feast at Nicoles with Nist and Fiona. We made poppyseed bread, plum-pie and cookies. Delicious. And great time.
- Wednesday - May 6 - I submitted the final copy of my thesis. Finally DONE!
- Tuesday - May 5 - The Ottawa Evening 2009 (Partners in Research gala night). I was invited as a youth ambassador (regular tickets $180). Great time and tasty food. And I met Justin Trudeau (member of the parliament) and Marc Garneau (member of the parliament, former austronaut).
- Monday - working on my thesis
- Sunday - May 3- 6 hike with Nist and Paul in Gatineau. I also bought a great pair of hiking boots at the MEC garage sale.

1 comment:
Ainult septembri lopuni!!!!!
Ma arvasin, et sa jaadki ika Toursi nyyd!!!!
Post a Comment