Saturday, May 2, 2009

Family-Saturday

Finally a day off. And I spent it with my 5 year old buddy Samuel and his dad. Such a wonderful day. We had lunch and a cake that spelled PhD and a glass of bubbly wine. And then we watched some Starwars, as Samuel is a big fan (would you believe that I have never seen Starwars?). And then played with balloons and watched Kentucky Derby. It was held for the 135th time.  What an event. Especially the pretty hats that the ladies wear. Amazing. Horse named "Mine that bird" came first, with an amazing spurt in the end. And - the horse that I chose, Pioneer of the Nile, came second! Perhaps I should get more involved with horse races. 
And then we had dinner at the Thai place and then it was time to call it a night. 
Super nice day!
And - Samuel was quick to notice that I cut my hair. He liked it. I was impressed. I think that the saying that "guys never notice new hair" does not hold true with young gentlemen. :) 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

The horse that won was trained by a Canadian!!
And yes, your new hair is FAB-U-LOUS!