Saturday, February 21, 2009

mul haavada paranend, voi mitte/update on wounds

So... a week ago (last Saturday) I went to see a doctor to get an estimation about my snowboarding wounds. It had been a week and there was still a significant amount of pain. The doctor dude told me (after 3 hours of waiting) that there is no reason to worry. 1 - the rib pain will go away in a few (!) month, because it's likely fractured. 2 - the shoulder pain/weakness -he prescribed me physiotherapy and said if I don't do anything then I may lose/never gain back the normal function of my right arm. Whaaaat?
At least I'm alive and my face is ok, I thought.

I couldn't get an appointment for physio, as they are apparently very busy. I have to get one once I get back. I hope my shoulder does not "freeze" in the meanwhile.
And then Wednesday came around, and I had such horrible pains in my ribs, that I was ready to "throw my soul away" (hinge heitma). I couldn't breathe or move. Poor Dorota was so worried and was trying to force me to see a doctor for another time. I ended up not seeing anyone (after the pain reduced upon consumption of large amount of painkillers). But - it did feel a lot better the day after.

And now - it's 2 weeks after the day when the mountain hit me, and the ribs feel better, but still - no sleeping on my stomach or intense hugging or any abs exercises. And the arm... well... I learned a few exercises to try. Some strenght have returned (I can shake peoples hands), but I still can't do "propeller" aka circles with this arm.
Ahh... why??? How will I be able to surf in 2 days like that???

No comments: