Thursday, February 19, 2009

President in town

Yeah, so Mr. Obama was in O-dot today. What a day! The entire center-down was blocked for cars. People living by his route were not allowed to open windows or doors. There were american and canadian flags everywhere. And there were police-people EVERYwhere. Every street corner had at least 4 cops. I was walking to my friends place via canal, and the edges of the canal appeared yellow (because police was wearing the fluorecent yellow vests). And there were helicopters flying around.

I did not see him or his car... But still - I had a chance to be within a kilometer from the American president and breathe the same air and enjoy the same snowflakes as him. Woot!

Edit: Obama also had an unplanned stop at the Byward market in Ottawa. He bought a souvenir for his daughter, a BeaverTail and maple cookies from the Byward market house Le Moulin de Provence. So the next time YOU will be in Ottawa, I will take you there:) The pic is from the Ottawa Citizen.It's also rather symbolic that it was the very first place where I had coffee in Ottawa (six years ago). It was Ave who took me there. Good times:)

No comments: