Sunday, April 26, 2009

what a week

Recap of the week:
I completed the biggest accomplishment in my life to date. I am a PhD now. 
Here are some pictures of the day:

Starting on Monday/continuing on Tuesday we celebrated Leslies birthday, which was really amazing. Celebrations at the Shawarma Palace can be nothing less than awesome! 

Wednesday I had a long lunch at the Light of India with Dorota and then celebratory dinner with Nist and Paul. Such a nice day. And to top it off, Vanja, Andrea an
d Trevor went to see "The Earth". Vanja's treat:) It is a great movie for nature people!

Thursday I had to take a day off to deal with all the emotions. It was much needed. I watched a movie "The visitor". It's a great movie. About immigrants and music and people becoming good. 

Friday was the super-awesome-the bestest surprise party. It was simply 
AMAZING. I was and still am so emotionally touched! And still keep smiling:) 

Saturday - Nist and Paul and I headed to the 4 hour hike in Gatineau (trails 6, 34, 22 and then back by 8). The weather was hot (plus 27 or so) and half-half sunny and rainy. Latter ebing great for cooling down. We saw butterflies, flowers, snow, mud, turtles, beaver-productions and heard frogs singing. And later - we had some bubbly tasty Blanche (de Chambly) beverages. And the tastiest tomato soup I have ever had. I had an array of additional plans, but I was out of commission once I got home. 
And Sunday - I cleaned my house a bit (I have SO much stuff...). And I incoroprated 2 sets of comments into my thesis (like 2 hours of work).  Almost there... 

During the week I also received LOTS of congrats. I also talked to Kullionu, which was one of the highlights of the week. Freedom and the feeling of accomplishement feels undescribeably amazing!
 

No comments: