Friday, January 22, 2010

where trouble is the biggest...

...the help is the closest = kus häda kõige suurem, seal abi kõige lähem (Estonian proverb).

I am going to entertain some scout kids this weekend with some science. And for that I needed all sorts of weird things. Like sodium borate. I asked for sodium borate from the pharmacy, and they required a prescription. Thankfully the other pharmacy was not that picky and gave me the stuff with no questions asked. I also needed some NaOH and pH indicator. No luck in pet shops or pharmacies... And then, I was picking up my coat at the hospital, and noticed that the woman in front of me looks familiar. And - she was my chemistry teacher during high school. I asked her for some chemicals and I was lucky.
I also needed zip-lock bags... no luck with those.
But the rest is good.
We are going to make slime and rockets and compete in NaOH neutralizing:)

I hope I will survive the camp though, as Reelikas son was saying that they are going to perform 'pasteerimine' on all girls (it means that the victim is going to be covered with toothpaste). We'll see:)

No comments: