Another weekend is over... where are they going???
The highlight of this weekend was Feist concert. You can listen to her here. She is a new cool Canadian singer. I just found out that she is from Amherst, Nova Scotia, where even I have been a few times (Ewelina lives there:)). And her first name is Leslie:) Who knew... She has amazing sweet and strong voice. And her music is so calm and pleasant to the ear. She has some spunk too:) And the most amazing this with her shows is that she has this shadow art going on at the background. Really neat.
The warm-up band was Hayden, whose music really hurt my ears. Way too loud. Just noise. I haven't hear them before (I think), so it could be that it was just the live part that made them unlikeable to me.
All this happened at the NAC. It was a little weird to be at this fancy place that is meant for symphonies and modern art to listen/see some folk/indie music concert. And I gotta be thankful to Darren to took me along for this great concert.
I also made it to the gym. But the rest of the day just disintegrated somewhere. Probably due to the crazy rain outside.
Sunday: I went to visit the Christmas craft show at the Lansdowne. Lots of pretty things and jewellary. Too much. So I bought nothing though. I just enjoyed. And I listened to Cat Jahnke, whose music I really liked. Also sweet calm voice. It was just perfect into sunny Sunday morning/noon.
I was also thinking about going to yoga, but due to unbearable backpain I decided to stay at home. I'm not entirely sure, whether yoga is good or bad with the back pain...
I also finished marking the lab reports... Oh, how I do NOT like marking. Students are not particularly smart. And sometimes I wonder, WHY do I care? Why do I check their reports after getting them, to send them the reminder that their rough data is missing, so they could bring it later and avoid zero? Or why do I think, that oh, they did try a bit, I'll give the marks? I think this work is not for me...
I also made dinner. Not the best one though. I have so much noodle-pasta at home. I don't particularly like noodle-pasta. They are so difficult to eat. I even don't know how do I have three packs of them at home. But I have decided to clean up my cupboards, so I need to eat them. If to exclude the accident through what I lost the entire potful into the sink, it went well. And tastes mediocre. I guess it's better than sandwiches. I also wanted to add some mushrooms. I think I didn't have the right kinds. I wanted to make something my mum used to make (Kullionu, mäletad, mul ema tegi, ja äkki me kahekesi tegime ka. Oli mingi seene kübar, siis läbi piima ja muna segu, ja vist jahu ka, ja siis pannile. Ja maitses hea. Ja Reelika, sina sõid neid liha pähe). I'm not sure what went wrong, it didn't taste particularly good. So - when I will promise to make dinner for you, do not opt for mushrooms :P
There are still 5 things left on my to do list... Gotta get to them...
Happy Halloween week:)
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment