Sunday, September 9, 2007

busy weekend

Before every weekend I plan a long list of work related things to do. But so far, by every Sunday the list stands as it was on Friday night. This weekend wasn't an exception.
Well, on Friday I was good. I was at home, and I actually got some work done.
Saturday I went to see the Renoir landscapes at the Art Gallery (it's the last weekend it's here). I went with Darren. Wow - there was SO MANY people... First I thought it was a wedding or something, but no - everybody wanted tickets and to see the paintings. I was glad that my eyes are not too bad yet, so I was able to peak the painting from a little distance, thus avoiding close fighting 20 other people. It was worth though! So beautiful paintings! I highly recommend!
Right after that I went to Eve and Jakov's place for some wine and snacks. I didn't know that it was Jakovs' birthday, but some instinct told me to bring flowers, so I was safe:) Illimar was there too - all dressed up. The evening was really nice. Some wine, and then some more. and then some cake. what else would you want from life?
I got home at 10. I had planned to go to see a movie "Interview" (with Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller) at 9.30 with my friend Ali-Chuma. Thankfully he was running late too. So we ended up going for a beer (and I mean ONE beer) around midnight.
It was a good day!
And Sunday just disappeared... I had to go to Ottawa Estonian Society meeting, which took until 1. And then did groceries (milk and bread and broccoli and fish - this is where my creativity ended), and then I had a nap. And thats pretty much it:D

I think the work can wait until tomorrow...

Oh, and the Estonian movie "Sügisball" won the first place at the Venice filmfestival in the Horizon category. This is great! I hope this movie will come to Ottawa for the European Film Festival. We already suggested that to our ambassador.

No comments: