Sunday, September 16, 2007

dreams... what are they composed of?

Last night I had weird dreams. First, and the most impressive part, was that I was able to fly! First I was just walking, but I felt tired, and then I moved my arms, and made my body "feel lighter", and I actually took off the ground. I was able to go higher, and higher, and higher... until I got scared, as I didn't know when my strengths can diminish. It was above a city, that I have yet to visit. In a way it could have been Pärnu, but the buildings were way too high for that. And then Laura and I were walking on the rooftops (or close to there). There were nice paths, a a wonderful view down. And the a security guy game after us, and Laura took the stairs down (from the roof???), and I decided to fly. But I had never tried to jump into an air, and start moving. It made my stomach feel funny. But I tried, and it worked! And it felt great! And then I went to visit Pille, who had a birthday. I even decided to fly into the apartment. And then we had a "vorstivõileb".
and then there was another dream, where I was captured by some weird group, and we had to play our roles, and it was winter. And I wanted to run away, but I was seen, and then I was worried, but somebody said it was ok. And then I was at somebodies apartment, on a bed. And there was one other girl. She was like my servant. ANd I had my duties too, and I had to be nice. And it felt like a few days. And then one day, there was another girl in my bed. And I was her servant. Very, very weird!
The weirdest of this was, that I was very tired this morning, and my arms are totally sore, just like I had been flying all night. How odd is this?
But - I think I have an explanation. Yesterday I was watching Master and Margarita (2005). It is on 4 DVDs, but yesterday I watched nr 3, the one where Margarita is being called to Woland, to be the prom queen. And she does it on the broom, totally naked. Very impressive scene! And I think it left an unforgettable memory on my brain. Definitely a GREAT movie!


Otherwise my week was pretty busy. First - I slept in every single morning. So usually I made it to 11.20 bus. Friday was good - I was already at work at 11:)

On Tuesday I went for a tea with Anastasia and Jenny. It was so nice. We used to TA together, and we clicked right away. Among the other things we talked about environment, and how antibaby pills harm fish, by mutating them. This is something I have never thought of. But it's so true. We, people, take so many pills. The antibaby pills is just an example. But think of the number of women taking them in one city? and then think about all the left over hormones that would be in the urine, and so making their way to the rivers and oceans. And fish is probably just one example that this could affect. It's crazy! and it's scary too! I think it would be a perfect field to use to come up with some inventive ideas. Anybody?
We also talked about lawn spraying with chemicals. Jenny's house decided to do that, and they fought against it. It just makes no sense to spray lawns with bad stuff, if it's not needed. But what I liked, was one argument that she used. She said: I'm trying to get pregnant, and I really don't want chemicals around right now. I think it's worth keeping it in mind - might become handy one day :)

The same day I went to the Cafe Nostalgica with Edward. People Project was playing - good times! Got some dancing done, and a little too much drinking, and some charming.
Wednesday didn't appreciate my Tuesday-actions. I felt really really tired. But I was in charge of organizing a scavenger hunt game for new students, so I had to go in. And besides that, all I was able to do, was just to clean my fridge. At least something. And by 6 pm I was back in bed:)

Friday was a crazy day as well. I was helping out with the big free BBQ, organized by a main grad student association. And then I was developing a game for the evening PubCrawl. I was determined to have the same game, we had at the Amicitia summerdays. Takes quite some thinking.
And at 2.30 I had my first TAing this semester. I have good students. They all seem very smart. I think I overdid my talking (I always assume they know nothing and are very slow). So this is great. And one of them is 29 years old (and taking first year chemistry??). He's pretty handsome too:) Oh, and it was really really hot in the lab, so one girl almost collapsed in my group. Scary! But she came back to life.

And then we had the PubCrawl. The fairytale role play went very well! People actually understood, and accomplished some stuff. Only a few were already too drunk to understand something. And all the bar was pretty much ours - and the musician John was very kind. He even dedicated a song to us. I will try to put it up soon. And we had two more games in another bar - tip racking (lab technique) and clothespin-attaching. Good times!

Saturday morning we went to the wine-yard near Ottawa, in Navan. A beautiful place! They have about 6000 grape plants. They taste good - a little like blackberries (mustsostrad). We also tasted the wine, and had some cheese and stuff. They also had a super cute dog! I would have LOVED to take her with me...

So the rest of Saturday I was napping and watching Master and Margarita.
But today - I went to a dance practice. Rapper dance. It's some sort of ancient (from 1914th or so) dance from Newcastle and Durham area (Northen England). It's in a group of five, and you have swords. Real swords! Not too sharp thankfully. And then you almost never let go them, and then you walk, and twirl and twist and etc. It was lots of fun! And no fingers were sacrificed. I will keep you updated.

Now it's almost bedtime...

No comments: