Monday, September 10, 2007

never leave your bras laying around when leaving home

Today I met my neighbour George on my way home. Him and his buddy were sitting on a balcony and having some tea/beer/wine/smokes. And I always say hi to them and chit-chat. They are nice. Even thou - a bit older (they could be my grandfathers, I think). And George is also the one, who helps me out when I'm in trouble (for example the time when my ex-boyfriend decided to kill the electricity in my house by throwing a penny into the place where the bulb usually goes, which shortcircuted everything. and since my landlord is quite useless, then George helped me the NEXT day. Of course, the boyfriend disappeared right after the incident, 'cause he had to help his mum. yeah, right. oh, and also - I had JUST bought my fish, and they were tropical fish, and it was December and quite chilly). So George is a good guy!
Today I remembered that my oven had died. But I bought salmon yesterday, inspired by Ewelina, and I really wanted to make it. So I told George that I need help, and he decided to come over right away. So we walked in to my place, and went to the kitchen. And on my way I noticed that my bed was undone (not that big deal), but also two of my bras were just sitting there, on the chair, just chillin. It was an interesting moment. But I don't think any harm would happen from this. If anything, he would be probably more willing to help me. He actually already told me on the door, that we two should have some wine together soon. So :)

Otherwise it was a happy day:) you know, when you feel happy, and light and self confident? it was like this. Even though I slept in, and missed my first tutorial for my TAing (TA = teaching assistant), but this should be OK. But then I signed up for Science Travels program (this is how I went to up north last semester, to Temiskaming, and spent a week teaching kids, and it was wonderful). and then I went and figured out my TAing situation for the winter. I was worried that my application never made it, but - thank god, it was a false alarm. It did make it, and I did get two positions. Which is great, as it means money! yay! and then we had a free pizza lunch for new grad students. my speech (as I'm the VP-social) was well received, and everyone laughed a lot in the end, as my closing sentence was: after spending a night at the pub, you will be friends with everybody (I tried convince them to come out on Friday to the pubcrawl). and then we had a lab meeting, that also passed by peacefully. Adam, our new PhD student, talked about photosynthesis and stuff like that. it was actually pretty interesting.
And then it was time to go home:)
I also managed to go for a "date" with Teodora - we went to see a movie "Interview" with Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller. It was awesome! This kind of movie where everything keeps switching, and you are not sure, who is the player and who is being played, and what is the truth and which is the trick. It's sort of like life is too. It's this kind of movie that makes you think...

and now I'm at home... I had salmon for dinner. It was delicious. and healthy:)
And I really should work a bit... kaua võib venitada niimoodi:)

No comments: