I was determined to work hard this week. But, as I should already know, things usually go the other way.
I did start off well. I worked hard on Monday (I TAed at 10, then we had a lab meeting at 1.30, and then from 2.30 to 5 we worked on my paper with Illimar) and at 6 I went to the water aerobics (I signed up for 10 weeks - I'm so proud of myself). After that I was supposed to work on my paper, but I was SO tired...
On Tuesday - Illimar and I were supposed to work on my paper at 10. We postponed to 11 (and I accomplished a lot during this one hour). And then I was waiting and waiting (cos the other things kept coming up), and at 4.30 I decided to leave. In the evening I ended up going for one beer with Francis. It was nice:) I haven't seen him for 2 years I think... We met 4 years ago at the Bluesfest.
On wednesday I disappread from the lab early, to go and work and "work" on my paper at home. That was a bad decision, as the rest of the lab went for drinks after work (as Mike passed Comp I), and I was not to be disturbed. Guys...
But - my friend Martin from Mexico was in Ottawa. He called me, and I ended up meeting up with him and his course mates. They are all IT guys, so I expected to see rather geeky guys (besides my friend). But I was wrong. They were all fun!
So we had a drink at one bar, and then went on to the other (me and 4 guys - the guy nr 5 got too tipsy after one beer, and had to proceed to his hotel). So we had 2 more beers, and then we paid, and were sort leaving, when we moved to another table, and had 2 more beers and nachos. I got home at 3 I think...
The next day I was SO tired...
But I got to work before my boss. I was not in condition to do my paper, so I planned this experiment I had to do. My plan was to just prep it, and leave early. But when the boss showed up, and didn't seem to be leaving, I had to stay, and I actually finished the experiment. I got home, and not even in 5 min later - Martin messaged me, and said that he will go for a jog, and then we'll go out. Ok, I thought. 10 min later I get a phone call from an odd number. I picked up, and it was one of his course mates. They were already out. I decided to join them, and wait for Martin there. So we had a beer. And then we had another. One of the guys had some scotch. Then we tried some scotch that was 25 years old. First I thought it's just a big number, but if to think about it, this scotch is almost as old as I am... That's insane. But I got an idea from that. Maybe I should start making scotch. Only at special occasions of course. For example when my children are born. So they can have a scotch one day that is as old as they are... But maybe it's too crazy...
And we went to another bar, and had more beer... It was fun. Apparently one good drink in the winter would be: some scotch, coffee, plus Baileys on top... sounds good. But the funniest part was, that Martin never showed...
I got home around 2... after having a shawarma:)
But I still needed to see Martin. Because he had a gift for me. And I had a gift for him. So went for breakfast, which was really nice. And I got my tequila:) So exciting! I can't wait to try it.
I also can't wait to go and visit Latin America...
And in the evening I had to TA - I met my other set of 18 students. Can you imagine - out of 18 there are 4 girls and 14 guys. All of them are fun and joke around. I'm not complaining:)
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It was great to meet you there! - and it was fun the time we shared! - What a pity I didn't have the chance to stay longer, but... hey! - next time... or you can always come to México...
Next time I will bring a spare tequila bottle so we can enjoy it together in the group (whatever the group size is ;-) - and of course! - smart IT and geeky people is not necessarily boring! ;-) hehehe!
Cheers!
Post a Comment