I slept today until 2 pm.
Nice, isn't it? I guess I really needed it.
The thing is though that I actually went to bed early. Early for me that is. At 3.30 am.
It's just that I only get stuff (read: my thesis) done at night. When it's about 10 or 11 pm here, this is when my brain kicks into gear and is ready to go. And then I go along. Usually until 4 or 5 am. And then I sleep. Usually until 10 or 11 am, because I feel guilty to sleep when it's light outside. And then I do random stuff all day. And when radio Elmar (Estonian radio playing only Estonian music) plays their Morning song (the same song every morning at 7 am), then I'm ready to work again.
So that's my schedule nowadays.
It's nice though.
Every morning I get to talk to Kristi. And sometimes I chat with Julia. For them it's the morning.
And Dan and I chat. He lives next building and has the nocturnal lifestyle.
Today I also went to school. I made it in at 4.30 pm. Just in time to finish on time at 5 pm:P
I dropped of the manuscript nr 3 with my Supervisor and the other co-author.
And then Leslie and I went for the amazing dinner at the Perfection-Satisfaction place. It was amazing as always.
Later I had a drink with Alejandro and watched the gold medal game between Canada and Sweden in juniors hockey. It was a great game. Canada won. 5:1. I think its Canadas fifth gold medal in a row. Nice. But poor swedes... I still like them too.
Alejandro is going to Uruguay on Friday. Lucky him.
And boys are tricky. Is there such thing as just going for drink with no alternative thoughts? Or not? And should these be previously discussed? Or no? And how would you even do it? That would require assuming a lot, and how could one sweet girl assume anything? Or is it better to be mysterious, confident, but stand to your values? I guess the last one is the best. Sometimes I just think that maybe it's a little evil from my side.
And I learned that there are new rules for immigrants now. So once I get my degree, I can apply for the work permit, which will allow me to work here up to three years. Which is great. Because before one had to get the job first, and then the permit, and it was always tied to your contract. So if you changed the job, you needed the new permit. And now it's the open permit. Which would make me so much easier to hire. Perfect.
And in addition there's supposedly a tax break as well. That apparently I would pay less tax as the fresh graduate.
So this is good. Takes some stress off my sholders. I can stay in Canada, if I'd wish:)
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment