Thursday, January 8, 2009

watching pigs


... and birds. and foxes stealing meat.
So what am I doing at 3 am?
I am watchin/listening the forest. It's a gorgeous morning in Estonia today. Seems to be pretty cold, and there's snow, and the sky was pretty yellow:)

But - Estonia has two live-feed cameras in the forest. One is for watching pigs at night - they come out to eat. And they people like me, who have nothing else to do, can spy on them. Yesterday the entire gang was out at 5 pm or so (Ottawa time). Pretty neat.

And at this hour it's good to check out the birds and birdies. There was an eagle sitting on a branch earlier. And the fights among the birds.
And today - I was watching and then working and then watching. There was a big piece of meat for a buzzard (kull ;) on it. Nice. I worked for a bit. And and the buzzard-dude took a break as well. I check back - no buzzard, no meat. Hmmm..
Turns out that Uncle Fox decided to come over and climb on the table and steal the meat. Hooligan! On tegelane.

If you wanna spy on forest dudes too, then check this:
http://looduskalender.ee/
On the left-hand side choose either "Metsakaamera striim" for the pigs or "Kotkakaamera striim" for the eagle show.

The forest noises are so calming...

No comments: