Unbelievable! When I was destressing after the TAing over a bubbly glass of yeasty tasteness, then the city and the union reached to the agreement as they were scared of the governments "back to work" legislation, which would have been inevitable. And this means that the strike is over immediatly. Wow. It has been 51 days without buses. And now they will be back. It's going to be weird.
And it will be nice to have spacious shuttles back:)
Ahh... how little we need for happiness:)
Ironic thing is also that the union where I belong to (teaching union) sent an e-mail today at 5.07 pm, saying that the strike is ridiciolous and that the poor transit union is the under-dog in this and therefore we need to show our support. And at that time the strike was already over! (the union lost). What a bad timing for this writing. Better check the news before you click send, when it comes to strikes.
PS! But the students are still morons. I gave to kids 0 on their technical skills. Cos they were skill-less. 100%. Plus I also had 13 students instead of 10 that is also the maximal number in books. There's almost no physical space for 3 extra people. And how am I supposed to spread my love and care with these crowds? Eh... I am not impressed with this University. Anyway. I'll survive. I'm a strong Eastern European Woman!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment