Sunday, January 4, 2009

the day the kitty left

Ah, Audi just went home... I'm sad.
I actually really, really got used to her. It was so nice to have someone else at home. Someone whom to talk to and whom to hug (even though she usually disliked it). We watched movies together and sometimes she decided to treat me and sleep on my lap. And someone who asked for food and came to cuddle at night (she liked to sleep under the covers with me). And then, when I woke up, she was always right next to my pillow - checking whether I'm awake or not. And if I was not ready to get up yet, we snoozed together for a little bit longer. Little furball:)
Soooooooooooo nice!
Don't you agree that she is just adorable?
I guess I just have to hope that her owners are soon going for another trip:)

In the meanwhile I'm suffering over my thesis.. I think the chapter 3 is ready to be shown to my Supervisor (right after I insert the references and write an abstract). And the intro is in the works... so far I have copy-pasted together all the intros I have ever written... gotta recycle, you know:P But still I need to beef it up significantly if I need this 30 pages that is required. And the discussion... I have a few thoughts, but I need to get to it very soon.

Also, Team Canada beat Russia yesterday in the world junior hockey championship 6-5 in overtime. I didn't see the game, but followed it on the internet. It was a very intense game. I'm so happy for Canada! So now there's just one game left - to decide who will take the gold home... It's between Canada and Sweden... which is a little bit tougher choice for me:) But still - Go, Canada:) I will cheer for Sweden once I will live there. If ever.

And the buses are still not running... The strike started on Dec 10th... It has been very many days. It seems to be that the dude who runs the transport union is just simply stupid. His arguments are sounding more like from a crybaby who wants attention. even the federal Labour Minister Rona Ambrose has got involved here and has forced the bus drivers and etc to vote on the next offer from the city. The head of the union still thinks that the union people will vote no. I honestly hope they have sober minds and they are able vote for accepting the offer. The city is already offering the pay rise and more guarantees (whatever these are). And the entire strike is based on the demand the union wants to control the schedule of working hours and the routes and they don't want the city to be involved. But at the same time it is the public service, mostly funded by the city, and I think it only makes sense that the city would have the right to design the most approprite routes and have adequate number of buses running. Otherwise we would have most of the buses running empty at odd hours, and during the rush hour at important routes there would be no-one.
Anyway. This just makes me mad. They honestly keep the city like in hostage. People don't get food, can't go to the doctor etc. Crazy!

Tomorrow is the first day of work... I can't get in, since the yellow school buses will start on Tuesday. And I hope there will be still room for me too. Thankfylly I can still write from home.

On the positive note - I spent almost 2 hours of qulaity time on the Skype talking to Kullionu and Julia. It's always so wonderful to talk to good people:) I need to do it more often:)

No comments: