www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2009/01/07/ot-090107-transit-vote.html
So they said NO. The transport union people - that is the busdrivers, mechanics etc...
I think they don't have neither brain nor heart. What they are doing is mean and cruel. And all this for what?
I am SO disappointed in transport union people.
The strike has been on for 30 days. In the middle of Ottawa winter. The traffic is crazy. People drive 3 hours to get to work. The school shuttle stop has gazillion people waiting at all times. Etc.
The ironic thing is that the city of Ottawa wanted to save 3 million dollars over the next 3 years with getting the rights over scheduling more cost-effective routes. But by now the city has saved about 10 million from the strike (no salaries to pay, no transport fees). So I guess the city has won already:) But poor, poor people who can't get anywhere...
And now there is even no hope left.
Maybe the summer will come before the end of strike.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment