Everyone has their set understandings of some ethnic groups. All latinos are always happy, always late and they dance very well. Asians tend to be slim, well diciplined, not tolerating alcohol, often geeky. But what does define a white person?
One guy started a list of things that you should do/like if you think you belong to this category. If you have time, it's a pretty funny read: stuffwhitepeoplelike.com
There are some things that I highly agree with.
Such as:
* Tea - I love tea! Especially all the "cool" sorts, not just the simple "red rose" or "lipton"
* Traveling - no extra comments needed
* Microbreweries - I like my beer and I like it well done
* Not having a TV - I don't have one. And I have recently met a number of people who do not have one. I guess it's becoming a trend of a sort.
* Theatre plays - I really like plays and used to see a lot. But Ottawa does not provide too much theatre wise.
* Apologies -this is something I need to cut down of. And apparently it's a common train of a WP.
* Study abroad and Grad school - well, I'm the living example
* Grammar - I do look for spelling mistakes everywhere (not that my own spelling skills are excellent), and I feel accomplishment when I find one
* Appearing to enjoy classical music - I like it. Now. But I still should do it more often.
And there are some things that defines me like non-white.
* Ugly Sweater Parties - Even though I like costume parties I haven't understood the point of this style. So, no, I don't like them
* 80's night - everyone seem to like them, but I am not a fan... perhaps I got overexposed during the real 80's.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment