Thursday, March 19, 2009

kiss me, I'm Irish

Ok, ok, I'm Estonian, but that's almost like Irish. So kiss me :)
Happy belated St. Patricks day to everyone!!!

It was yesterday, March 17.
The day here was amazingly beautiful - sunny, +11 degrees... very nice. Last year, and actually past 6 years the temperature has still been in negatives and even snow has been falling.
Yesterday I was wearing my green-brown skirt and a green sweater that matched so well. I think I looked quite chic.
There was lots of house/yard parties and "happy" (beer induced happiness) people in my neighbourhood.
For my European friends - St. Patricks day is the celebration of Irish in everyone - so it's an excuse to wear green and wear shamrock (prefereably the ridiculous-one and on your head) and leave work at noon to get very drunk. Ah, and they serve green beer too.
So it's a happy day.
Usually after 6 there is not much point to go to Irish Pubs, as they are simply too full. That's why I haven't been much part of these celebrations after the 2003 incident where someone stole my stuff...

I celebrated it quitely, at the Cafe Nostalgica with a pint and half of non-green beer. It was nice.
Until I got myself into trouble. So there's another thing to be taken care of. Oh well...

No comments: