Friday, March 6, 2009

From Panama sun to Canada sun

Wow - such transition from +30 Panama to -15 Canada is harrrrd. At least it was sunny and not too too cold in Ottawa on Tuesday. I guess I also brough quite a bit of heat with me from Panama - a part just stored as in a battery and a part in a form of a sunburn. It's 5 days later now, and my legs are just starting to look normal (and tanned):)
But I do look pretty good in my tan, I think. I have not been that dark for a long time. Or perhaps never. It feels good!
But, besides dealing with the temperature changes, I got a bunch of bad news... First, there was a sexual assualt on my street in my block. So now I have been worried at nights. Second, my manuscript got rejected (first I felt devastated and worried for my thesis being rejected too, but then re-read the comments and the manuscript got rejected mainly due the grammar and clarification issues. Still sad though.). Thirdly, I had asked my friend to book me the physiotherapy appointment for any time after 4th and She had booked it for the 2nd. I was still in Panama then. Thus I missed it. And the fourth e-mail was from a boy...
Im sorry i havent responded, im just really busy, and I think this is a problem in all my relationships. I need to tell you that i am not ready for a serious relationship, something I feel you are looking for. You are a wonderful person, which is why I think its best to stop things at this point before we went any further, before I disappoint you further. I know this email is a cowards way of doing things, but it would be worse if i saw you and left things unsaid, as i think i would. I hope you understand... i am really sorry. (Why, oh why? And why does it feel like I have seen this already and not only once? At the same time though - the earlier I know the feelings of the other side, the better. I'm disappointed, but would have been way more disappointed, if the same note would have arrived after many dates. Anyway. Moving on, I guess...)

Ahh, how amazing it is to be back! ...Not.

Anyways, as the week progressed, I started to feel better about stuff. And I received an e-mail regarding my other manuscript, saying it needs revisions, but is nevertheless somewhat interesting. So moving on with my life.
And I am oh so ready for some bigger steps.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh hun, that's quite a week....sending a big hug your way!