The spring is here!!! And not just on calender, but outside too. So nice!
I celebrated the spring arrival with the complete exhaustion. I had to finish a draft of my revised manuscript by Friday. I had a meeting with the co-authors. It was Thursday at 6 pm, and I had almost nothing. Then it was 9 pm, and I couldn't still focus. And the time kept going and I was too stressed and couldn't calm down. So I had the fight with myself until it was 4 am, and I finally got into the groove. And I did have stuff to present at 1 pm. There still work to do though...
I also participated in an experiment as an subject. You know, the commercials sometime say, that this product kills 99.9% of known bacteria/viruses? Well, one lab on my floor actually does this kind of studies. And they test it on humans. So they put Hepatitis A virus on my fingers, then applied the product for 15 seconds, and then eluted it. And this is how they will determine, how many virus particles dye and how effcient the product is. That was my good deed of the day.
After work we went shopping with Dorota, Nat and Teodora. Nat found a 30% coupon from Esprit, so we went. I found a really cute and comfy shirt. Originally $50, but outlet price was $34, and I got extra 30% off. Excellent deal, me thinks. And then we celebrated in Starbucks.
I got home at 7.30 or so and headed straight to bed. I was really tired. I wanted to get up at 10 pm and do something Friday-appropriate, but thought then - what is the point. And continued sleeping. At 4.39 some people decided to make fireworks on Nelson st. It scared me quite a bit. Crazy people.
But my dreams were so nice! I was down-South at some place. With Dorota and a bunch of other people. And there was a big ocean and big waves and a beach. And our hotel was like 50 m from the ocean. And there were palm trees. And some people played volleyball. And there was a big ship with hardwood floors and it was like a restaurant. The sun was shining. It was all so amazing! I hope it will continue tonight!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment