I started by Estonian time - so at 5 pm ye
sterday Julia called me and officially opened my birthday:)
I had a few people over to celebrate. Of course, my "few" means about 20:) It was a great party. I prepared some food with Anastassias help - potatoe salad, ham and cheese filled pancakes, deviled eggs, "toothpick sandwiches":)
The theme of the night was "Who I wanted to be when I grow up" (from pre-s
chool times). I wanted to be a grocery store cashier or a kindergarten teacher. I also wanted to go to the university. And a fisherman would have been the last choice. For the party I dressed as the cashier:)

So there were good chats, lots of wine and good people. And there was a cake:) Really delici
ous Kr2supea kook. And I made a wish...
Today I spent the majority of my day at my supervisors house, as his wife's birthday is also today. And for the last 6 years we have celebrated it together, which is SO nice. My supervisors parents had come down from Montreal as well. So it was a really really nice day with lots of grat food and wine and people. You know - like a true family birthday celebration:)
I got home past 6 and decided to go for a walk.
It was a beautiful
day here
. Sunny and failry warm. I hope my entire year will be sunny and happy like today:)
And I got lots of phone calls (from Estonia and France and Canada) and messages and e-cards with good wishes:) Ah, I am one lucky girl:)
PS! Do you like my new hair? I have never had short hair. It is my contribution to growing up. And I love it!!
Wondering - what will the 29th trip around the Sun bring?

No comments:
Post a Comment