It's crazy how the world can act against one's will sometimes. Sujeeve printed out the final copies of his thesis on Monday. And it turned out that Staples can't really do their job, since they decided to print the landscape figures as portrait (and thus cutting the figures in half). Which meant that we needed to find a new place to print on Tuesday morning. And we did find one (after thoroughal searching, as some places are too slow, the other don't have managers to connect the computers and printers, third people have broken their machines etc). But by 10.30 all was done and submitted!
Two funny moments from Monday night:
Sujeeve wanted to check his e-mail and needed @ symbol. But my keyboard was on the Estonian setting. I usually go back and forward all the time and never even think about how I do it. And then, at that moment, I could not change it. It took me 15 min or so, to figure out, how to change it. I finally came up with the verstion "Shift+Alt+Shift" that worked. It is actually just "Shift+Alt", as I realized today. Automatic moves can be dangerous.
It reminded me how two years ago I absolutely had to log onto my university e-mail when I was in England, and I couldn't rememeber my password, because I was used to the normal keyboards, but I had the laptop. I even draw the numbers as they are on the usual keyboard, but I couldn't reproduce this automatic move. Thankfully I knew where I kept the piece of paper where the password was written and 4 had the key. So he went and found the piece of paper and told me the password. Otherwise I might not have been able to transfer to PhD...
The other funny moment was regardin my new ergonomical chair. Sujeeve couldn't figure it out at first (and didn't want to ask either). He thought that it's either a reclining chair or a stretching machine. But he wasn't sure why is it next to the table and how would I use to type up my thesis (no wonder it takes me all days and nights in a chair like that). Also the fact that I said that I got it from kijiji didn't help with proving it's a real Chair that is meant for sitting. The way how he described his inital thoughts was so funny that we couldn't stop laughing for 10 min. I haven't laughed that hard for a looooooong time.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment