Today I had a BUSY day.
10.30 - get up
11.00 - phone call from the Supervisor that we are meeting another prof at 11.30 (oh, thanks for telling me BEFORE)
11.40-12.30 - very productive meeting regarding my wheat manuscript with two co-authors. GREAT edits and changes (basically half-rewritten). And most importantly, they think it's a good solid work! Sweeeet! Also - we are going to aim pretty high. I'll let you know when it's time to cross the fingers:)
12.30 - pick up red blood cells from HIV lab
12.40-13.10 - set up the red blood cell assay (yes, I work with blood now)
13.15 - get back to HIV lab and donate 200 mL (or maybe more) of blood
14 - pick up the "pain-money" for the blood
14.10 - 15.15 - finish up blood assay nr 1
15.15-15.40 set up blood assay nr 2 (thankfully Supervisor walked there and back to get the blood)
15.40 - go to the seminar room and sell actively Christmas party tickets
16.00 - get a snack
16.30 - finish blood assay nr 2
5.30 - do microscopy work (on my own blood cells - so interesting!)
6.00 - find Dorota and leave for gym
6.45-7.45 - gym (total body conditioning class)
8.00-8.30 - prepare chili con carne
8.30-8.45 - take a shower/become a human
8.45-9.15 - get baby news/updates and have dinner
10 - ... work on the manuscript???
The interesting thing is that me and blood - we never got along. I usually feel very weak around it. Even when people talk about blood, I get pale and fainty. I have donated blood before for research, and I've survived it, but I have to admit that I didn't have the best time. And today (after I ran my first blood experiment on Friday), I felt SO different. I had no problems looking toward the blood and I didn't get dizzy nor faint. I felt great. All that time. Plus afterward too.
Such an interesting phenomena.
And the other thing is, that I think I am a researcher. I'm trying out this new experiment (to see whether my antimicrobial peptides wipe out also the blood cells. And it's SO interesting. I am so excited! I wish I didn't have this writing task dangling around my neck though...
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment