Friday was a good day! I did my last experiment for this year, and I think also the last experiment for my degree. The results still need some thinking... It turns out that my peptide reacts differently with different bloods... But I think I'll just leave it like that.
Leslie finished her Comp II on Friday. And JP had done so on Wednesday. So the celebrations were in order. We had some drinks at the Blackthorn Cafe. It was really, really nice:)
Saturday there was Estonian community church and christmas party. The mass was like usually. I feel I don't belong there. The songs are SO slow that they are driving me crazy and making me yawning. And the talks and etc - they don't inspire me :( But it's the Estonian event so I feel I'm obliged to participate.
But before the mass I decorated the christmas tree with Lisas father. That was SO nice. The last time I decorated the christmas tree was at 1994 maybe... After that we have always had branches. And after the mass there was SO many people. Like 60 or more. Very impressive. And there was food. And just when the Santa was making his way in, I had to leave.
I was heading to Dorotas place. She picked me up, and then we needed to wait for the Princess and Mike (as usual), and then we went to Dorotas new home. It's SO nice! Big and open and smells so good! And we had some wine and cheese and we played Rock Band and foosball and then made dinner and then had Margaritas and chatted. Such a lovely night!
The Rock Band was good too. I have played it once (base) and I sucked. I got booted off the stage fairly quickly. I tried this time, and the same. I get maybe 30% of notes... Maybe! And then tried the drums. And I got 75% the first time! I was so impressed with myself. So all I need is a little bit of practice and I would have an alternative career:)
Sunday I was enjoying the snowflake dance on the roof next door and then spent some time with Kornelius (Dorotas/Radeks cat). He was so happy that he was drooling. It means that he really liked the time with me.
Once everyone was up, Princess made pancakes and we had an amazing breakfast:)
On our way home we picked up Audi (Princess's/Mikes kitty who was here in August) and I finally made it home. To discover that the kitty was in heat. It was very interesting. The loving looks that I got. And all that affection. And tried one treatment Mike suggested, and she loved me even more. Very interesting times.
Monday - the last day at work. Since there are no buses, and I'm not walking 1 h in this snow and cold. I had to do a few changes to our submission. And I had a meeting regarding a potential reviewer position. And then Dorota and I went for dinner. But before I had an interesting encounter. Somebody thought that I'm at her. And she decided to clarify it with Dorota (poor Dorota). And then I showed up. And the story went from that I may be mad at her, since she didn't help out enough with the christmas party to an accusition that she worked so hard and way more than the others and never got thanked or appreciated. All of this is crazy. First of all - the event is over and forgotten (by me at least). It was a success. And everything got done (even though she didn't do everything she promised, but it doesn't matter). And also - I thanked her the night of the event, I thanked her the day after, plus I sent out an e-mail thanking everyone.
On top of everything else - it takes much more to get me angry. And even then I forget it quickly. I don't have time for this. Anyway - now it's done. Off the chest. Moving on!
The dinner with Dorota was so nice! And I got a little present - a beautiful necklace:) I hope to show it off soon:)
And after we went to Esprit to shop and then to have a coffee at Starbucks and then we went to Lafreniere & Pai Gallery, which is my favourite gallery. It's all jewellery, and some other cool decorative items. And all the jewellery is made by Canadian artists. I have already chosen some pieces that I will buy once I get this Nobel prize :P
We went to find a present for Dorotas sister. It wasn't easy, since there's lots of good stuff. But by an hour later we had our pick:) I hope she will be happy:)
And then I had one more thing to do. I had promised to go to Martas (my old lady friend) to help her to write christmas cards. We had tea and cookies and wrote cards (she dictated, I wrote). It was nice! This is another thing I have not done for a long time. I should get to it more.
I got home at 10 pm. And then just had some tea and watched "Finding Neverland". Such a wonderful movie! I liked it a lot!
Tuesday - I got some milk and bread for the holidays. And now I remembered that I forgot the sauerkraut :( And I got a package from my Mum. Some estonian candy and two issues of Stiil. Niiiiice!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment