
Sunday (Aug 3) I went to the wedding of Liisa and Mihkel. It was my second wedding in Canada, and the fourth one ever. It was soooo nice and sweet. Soul moving:) (Hingeliigutav).
The funny thing is, that weddings here don't have flowers. And most people buy their gifts from the registry, so you come to the wedding empty handed.
I got the gift from the registry as well. It was funny because Mihkel busted me when I was trying to decide, whether to get 2 plates or 2 bowls.. Or something else. He had just come to pick up some other gifts. It was cute, how the people wroking in the store were trying to cover up my intentions (oh, we just helped her to find a gift for someone else). But it was too late:)
As I said, the wedding was beautiful. First a short ceremony at the church. It was half in Estonian, half in English. Very nice. I have never seen this church full. Usually, during the Sunday services, there are 12 people, max.
The reception was very nice too. Super delicious food. And an awesome cake. And later there was "kringel" that Liisa and Mihkel made themselves out of 10 kg of flour. Tasty!
The nicest part was that among the other people I got thanked by the newlyweds. I (along with Anton) was thanked for organizing the Esto get-togethers, which took them together again (they had known each other before, but just known as another Esto). Awwww...
It was funny though. When I got to Canada, I did start this monthly get-togethers with young Estonians. I was bored and I just thought that it would be great thing to do. And soon Liisa and Mihkel and I started to hang out more. We usually stayed out later, and had more drinks and danced and so on.
Once we were out as usual, but I had a date. We were playing pool. And all of the sudden my date asks me, that are Liisa and Mihkel a couple? C'mon, no. Of course they are not. But they are making out, he said. No, they are not, I said. And then I turned around, and they behaved. But I paid closer attention now, and yes, my date was correct, they were a couple:)

Here's the happy couple! So cute! It's a bit foggy picture, because the cake was served at 7 or 8 o'clock, and I didn't have time to take a better picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment