Today I did some capoeira. It's Brazilian martial arts.
Before I had only seen it once at some gala (people in white are in a circle and keep challenging/fighting each other while the music plays). It seemed neat.
A few weeks ago at one party I met Mike. He's this very calm guy, who is into different stuff, such as yoga, meditation, healthy eating etc. And he likes folk music and he designs stuff. We kept in touch, but for the long time couldn't find a good time to meet. Yesterday he suggested capoeira. He warned me that it's a bit hard and that I'll be sore. I agreed immediately. How hard can it be, and after all it's something new and cool!
And it was. It was very cool! Definitely new. And for sure pretty hard! 10 min in I was really sweating. And half way through my shirt was Wet! Lots cardio and kicks and stuff. Very, very neat. I think I will go back.
But - before - I have to survive tomorrow. I think I won't move too well tomorrow. But pain can be good too, right?
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment