alias "Functional Screening of Random Oligonucleotide Libraries for Novel Antimicrobial Peptides" aka my PhD Research seminar aka "story about my last 5 years of research" is DONE! It went very well. Yes, I was slightly stressed before it and it took me more time to prepare than I had planned, but I think it was pretty good:) People liked it (or at least so they said). And I had close to 30 people who came to listen to me. I have amazing friends. And there were even 3 professors. And 30 is A LOT for a end of the summer seminar (usually it's about 7). Even during the year (more close to the spring) there are not too many more, and most of them sleep anyway. I only had one person sleeping.
I feel relieved. For so many times I have wished it to be done. Now it is done. And I feel sad. There's not much left in this strictly structured PhD road...
Am I ready to jump though?
After the seminar we went for dinner with the girls at Kinkis (it's an asian fusion food place). We needed to celebrate Jenn's comprehensive exam being done and and my seminar. The sushi and etc was amazing! So good! And the drinks, called "juicy nuts", were delicious! I highly recommend! Of course they led some intense discussions (about why am I tired and who was this handsome and well dressed gentelman at my seminar. Amazing, how girls can draw links, and often be very correct...).
Later we had some drinks at the Honest Laweyer (Sylvain, Fabien and his girlfriend joined us) and we came up with the idea to have BMI calender. We will have the auditions soon:)
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Palju õnne su seminaariga!!! Must be nice to have it done - the last official step before the "permission to write" begging session... Õnn kaasa seeliga.
Post a Comment