Saturday, August 9, 2008

Country of Love

Julia and I watched the opening ceremonies of Olympics today. Really nice. And how much man power and computer power it took. Quite amazing.
Also - did you know that Estonia is "Aishania" in "Chinese" and it means "Country of Love"? Sweet, isn't it?

Today was a good day.
Julia made amazingly tasty pancakes, so both of us had this very, very nice breakfast together - pancakes, tea, fresh fruit and yogurt and good company. Super nice. Too bad it couldn't last forever:)
Then I biked to work. University of Ottawa has this "bike share" thing, where you need to sign up and then you can just use their bikes, up to 6 hours at the time. And they are good bikes.

Work was good too. Which is rare. I had to finish up Campylobacter assay, and I saw that my peptide is evil to Campylobacter. And this is only good! I'm quite happy about it. You see the funny granuly spots on this slide? This could be BIG one day. Or it could be crap too, of course. But I hope that this will at least help me to get out of this place.
PS! Weren't the clouds pretty today? Aka Navitrolla or Estonia clouds. They are rare in Ottawa.

On my way back I stumbled across a arts festival. Julia came too and we checked out some nice paintings and lots of jewellary. It was nice. Until it started raining. When we went to her lab to watch olympics.

And now - I'm going out with Leslie to find the best spot for our departments Christmas party. President duty calls, you know:)

No comments: