Yesterday I made myself a proper meal finally. I made chicken cacciatore( Edit: kanapoeg with other things). I used 4's recipe he once gave me. But I didn't put chicken in it. I put ground beef. And I made so much, that the pot had a pile on top of it. It was delicious!
Yesterday kitty Audi went back to her home. So sad. Funny how in so few days one can get used to a new soul in a house. This morning no-one was waking me up. And no-body talked to me...
The little blue mouse left with Audi. She still loves it.
Today I met U of O new president Allan Rock. It was a nice afternoon with lots of lemonade in champagne glasses with 3 raspberries in each. It looked pretty, but it was really tricky to get the raspberries out. The meeting itself was nice and very casual. Perhaps he will even remember me among all these profs and med students.
I also talked to Dr. Bradwejn (dean of Medicine), and it turned out he has been in Estonia several times and helped out University of Tartu. Wow.
I also had a meeting with Illimar. About my papers. So now I have one week to write up the manuscript nr 3. The nr. 2 has to follow nr. 2. It took us 3 hours just to discuss the figures and talk about tentative order. I really need my motivation back home. Now.
And the evening... I just had dinner, bought milk, and chatted with S. on msn. I need to quote a part of our conversation:
S: we canadian mans like shiny thongs.
He meant "things"
Very cute. And funny:)
I made the same mistake. I was TAing first year chemistry students, and I wrote them a little worklist. And I wrote them to use "thongs" to transfer hot dish from one place to another. I even used it one week. Then 4 saw it, and told me that I might want to use tongs instead.
And the last thing. Facebook is bad sometimes. In general it's good to be updated about peoples lives. But sometimes... not. Today Justin got a baby. Justin is my ex-boyfriend. We really needed to break up, because we really didn't match. We did have some good moments. But we had fights that were huge! With tears and walking away. And then walking back. I had to give up all my male friends, and then even female friends were not good to hang out with anymore (as I might kiss them). 4 was trying to convince me that this is not a good place to be, but it still took me months to realize and execute. A month ago he got married (to the girl she met a few month after we broke up. He ended up moving to Denmark, even though he had told me that he will never move away from Canada, because he has a government job and he wants to be close to his family. We had big arguments over this). And today he got a baby.
And it bothers me.
I guess I just have get a life. And be happy for him.
I should just start writing this globulin/mass spec/wheat paper...
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mmmm. "Kannapoeg" cacciatore!!!!!! I'm hungry now.
Post a Comment