Yesterday was awesome!
I replanted my plants. My zz-plant grew the pot broken, so I HAD to replant this one. And conveniently my dragontree almost died (well, the stem was rotten, so I cut the top off and put it into the vase), so I was able to take this pot for the zz-girl. And as I was already at it, I also replanted my tups-rohtliilia and cactus. I was good. ... to my plants.
And then I went and rented the movie from the library (they gave me a hard time that my student card was expired - c'mon, I'm almost out of here, save the plastic, but the smile and gentle apathy worked.
I got juice from the grocery store.
I made bread dough (pärmitainas. Kullionu - kas on tainas või taigen?).
Then Julia and Leslie came and we made "pirukad" with sauerkraut and hot dogs and apples. They turned out very tasty.
We watched a movie "Closely watched trains" (Czech movie from 1966, by the same author as for I served the king of England). It was different. I'm not entirely sure what is/was all the buzz around it. It's sort of claimed as THE movie of that time. As Leslie said, I was perfectly happy to miss parts of it due kitchen duties.
And then Today came.
I had big plans. To WRITE. But what I actually did...
I read all the blogs I follow. All of them.
I read all the news.
I wandered around some sites in internet.
I made a Calender for BMIGSA (that is actually needed)
I contacted Christmas ppl for BMIGSA (also useful)
And then I went to the lab. I needed to see one person, who was not there due moving. Ok. Tomorrow. And then we had a meeting at 5 pm. I thought that since I'm not organizing, I don't need to send out the reminder. And then I waited in the kitchen. And then we waited. 20 minutes we waited (and chatted) while expecting for the person in charge to appear. After that we went and found him from his lab, and had a short meeting, which was somewhat productive.
But I was really not impressed. What is it with people who promise (or organize a meeting) and then won't follow up? Why promise something, if you can't do it? What use are empty words? I guess at some times they could serve some purpose, but people remember the promises... Or maybe I am the rare mutant type, who does remember and expects that the words would become actions.
I guess I just need to learn. That some people can't be believed. Especially when there are two, three, four... unfilled promises. But how do you function with these people then?
Also - why do I care?
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Õigekeelsussõnaraamat viitab, et parem on "tainas" (kuigi vist kasutatakse mõlemat kõnekeeles).
Meil siin on ülisitt sügisilm. Valitsus on kah ajupuudulikkusega, majandus langeb, hinnad tõusevad mul on nohu ja nii ma siin turtsungi nagu väike siil... :)
Lugesin Su artikli "abstract'i" läbi, sellest piisas, et sain "krambi" :). Tundub, et olin end veidi ülehinnanud, kuid enamuses sidesõnadest sain siiski aru.
Sulle aga edu! Ja pea vastu! ;)
Post a Comment