Friday, September 12, 2008

kilbiga aka TAC done and just a home run left

Whenever I have had big things happening (usually school), my Mum always asked me right after: Kilbiga või Kilbi peal (with the shield or on the shield)? It always got me confused, but the point is that winners come out of the battle with the shield and the losers need to be carried out on the shield.
So today - I am with the shield:)
The TAC (Thesis Advisory Committee) meeting went very well. I guided them smoothly through my five years of science travels and showed them specifically how ready I am to write up. When I was done, I showed them my graph of 2008 with the goal to submit by December again, and told them, that now it's up to them to decide. And they said "ok". No comments. Just good to go!
Sweet!!!
I should do a few small experiments on the side, but that's not crucial for my thesis. And they gave me tips how to get around the externals questions and how not to set myself a trap. My TAC members are good!

I feel GREAT! I definitely enjoyed this meeting (thank you, Sujeeve, for reminding me). I felt how I was in control and how I knew my stuff. I was also ready to fight, if needed.
I have learned a lot since my first TAC meeting (it was quite a disaster). Most important is the confidence. What a journey...
Life IS good:)
I'm off for dinner with Leslie and Julia (and she has her defence date set - so all around good day). And after that there's our Pub Crawl:) Drink... I need a drink:)

And tomorrow - I will start writing. Wait, let's make it Monday. I need to celebrate:)

No comments: