Julia defended her thesis today. And now she is Master Julia:)
I'm SOOOO happy for her!
It was interesting to attend the defense on a different topic. So far I have only seen the biochemistry and microbiology ones. They are all pretty similar. It was good to recognize one question that seems to be common, that "if you'd have to start all over, but having the knowledge you have, what would you do differently?". I better start preparing for it.
And then we went for the Mug of Knowledge at the Cafe Nostalgica. It's this ancient metal mug that has a bird and a deer on it, and it was found from the ground under the Cafe. The day you defend, you can go and have a free drink out of it.
It appeared to be busy afternoon - the mug was "busy" when we got there, and halfway through Julia's drink, another candidate arrived. But the day was nice - sunny and warm. Perfect day for being done with the university:)
(and the biggest joy in the world is to get people gifts. Especially when they like them:) I got Julia a pair of artsy Montreal-made butterfly earrings, and they looked just perfect on her. I'm so happy:)
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment