Thursday, September 11, 2008

Song of the night

So I'm here... Making figures for my paper. It's getting close to 2 am. Kristi and Mari-Liis came online. For them it's morning. I really, really like these moments, when I'm still in the deep night here, working away, and then good people arrive - fresh and happy:) It's like giving my shift over.

Earlier tonight I had a Barry White moment (my friend sent it to me to make me feel happier, and more "concentrated" as I had requested). And he sent me Barry White's "My everything". This reminded me Mari-Liis and long, long nights with vodka and Barry White back during my fourth year undergrad. Good times:) And then she arrived, and we also talked about the best drink in the world, the "single women drink", and how it's time to prepare some and savor some. Mmmm....

And then I came across this song "No Longer There" by Cat Empire. This seems to suit my tonights mood so well. The first part says
"And though you'd like to hear a song
That sings everything's all right
The temperature is warm
The fire horses sleep
So gently comes the night"
And this is exactly what I would like now. It doesn't have to be done singing, but I would like someone to say, that everything is alright and well, and all will work out. All I need to do is relax and breathe.
And actually - someone already did say so:) Thank you, S. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here honey:
http://www.myspace.com/thecatempire
the cat empire is one of my favourite saw them by coincidence in Jena (Germany) and again during their Europe Tour in Denmark (Aalborg = tour start) I was serioulsy sick that night .. but who cares they make a great show !!!
Enjoy the music (it instantly cheers one up)
luv Amie

Mari-Liis said...

Lilleke! Mul on olnud see nädal umbes sama "positiivne" ja "lõbus" kui sinu eelmine sissekanne. Aga too hommik, kui meil oli Barry White moment - on üle mitme nädala parim-parim-parim. Kui ma vaid saaks... U know!