Monday
7.30 - Wake up, have tea and bread and call the fixing dude, so he could come and fix the fuses that I blew the night before. He comes at 8.30 AND fixes it. Welcome back, electricity.
9.30 - arrive at the lab and discover that the Campylobacter cells didn't grow...
10-12 - make new plans for tomorrow and prepare media and stuff
12-1 - attend the Work in Progress talks
1-1.30 - make BBQ poster and send it out
1.30-2.30 - serious talk with Fiona about paper and thesis writing. Setting some serious deadlines.
2.30 - active prep work for the next day
3.30-5 - writing time (I even opened the document)
5-5.30 - prep work in the lab (setting up Listeria experiment)
5.30 - meet Ali and Mike for volleyball
5.30-8 - have dinner and travel to volleyball place (which is at far-far-away)
8-10 - 2 games of volleyball (2 losses)
10.30 - home
10.30-1 - have tea, prep for teaching, brainwork on Christmas party planning
Tuesday
8 - wake up, have tea and bread
9 - pick up the Health Insurance document
9.15 - Teaching meeting (9.27 sneak out)
9.30 - meeting with the dietitian. She doesn't even have comments on my diet, and just "prescribes" me "meal replacements". I think I should seriously consider. I can have it as a shot.
10.15 - arrive at the lab
10.30 - the Campylobacter has grown, so I set up an experiment
11 - I keep reminding someone that the BBQ has to be set and ready to serve by 11.30 (which means they need to move NOW)
11.20 - go outside to help with the set up for the BBQ. Find the emptiness - like there's nothing going to happen. But - things will work out eventually. Having one charred burger (can't waste). Hanging out until 12.30
12.30 - cleaning up
1.00 - getting a BEAUTIFUL gift from Italy (Venezia) from Miss B. It makes my day!
1.00-1.20 chatting
1.20 - remembering the timepoint I had to take at 12.54. Action! The salad and stuff remains in the hallway
2- one timepoint done, but the next one needs prepping. Work, work, work.
3- salad is still in the hallway. Running like a squirrel in the wheel. Time point.
4- still crazy action. No time to go to the washroom.
4.30-5 a little time to breathe and have a piece of chocolate, 2 brownies and a cookie
5-timepoint
5.30 bus to downtown
5 - prep for TAing and TA until 9.30. Meet another TA. She asks about my background. Estonia, I say. Me too, she says. What??? And yes, she is. Her name is Katrin. Of course, when she introduced herself to me first, I thought it's "Khäthrin". But no. Katrin. She came here 5 years ago. I gotta find out more. Odd meetings sometimes.
9.45 - arrive home. remove shoes. sit. have tea. feels so amazing!
(I still need a plan for tomorrow, make and send out agenda for tomorrows councils meeting, plan Christmas party and there is always the writing... )
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment