Tuesday, November 4, 2008

day that goes to history - Obama as the president

And that is it - Obama is the first African-American USA president, as CNN and CBC just announced. He has 297 electoral votes against 139 that McCain has. Congrats to Obama!
There is a big big party in Chicago (where Obama is from) right now. Just a few minutes ago I heard from the updates that there's about 1 million people, who have come out to celebrate. That's a LOT. It's just a bit less than an entire Estonia. It would be very interesting to be there right now.
I do miss having a TV right now....
At least I have the radio - people are calling in to this radio show and are SO happy and emotional. One woman cried. People are excited. It's SO different compared to Canadian elections, when no-one really cared (well, only about 54 % of population went to vote).

I'm curios to see, whether the world will be any different tomorrow.

One interesting note:
The richest man in states: Tiger Woods
The richest woman in states: Oprah Winrey
The most powerful man in the world: Obama
What is common among them? They are all non-white.

(and what did I do today? had naps, listened to election updates and TAed)

1 comment:

Kullionu said...

Appi, kas Oprah on tõesti USA kõige rikkam naine? Uskumatu!