Akeeb, He says.
And this is Adeeb, He introduces His brother.
I'm Evelin, She says.
Nice to meet you!
She thinks: Akeeb, Akeeb.... funny, I have a guy in MSN list with this name...
But She can't recall how She knows this MSN-Akeeb, so She doesn't say anything.
He does look familiar, but not too alarmingly. And She doesn't know the people at this party, so She doesn't want to embarass herself with dumb questions. Besides, all these people are from accounting and when has She ever had a chance to meet any accountant.
A bit later.
He asks, where are you from.
She says, "Guess":)
He says "Estonia?"
She is impressed! Yes! How did you know?
He says: I met one Estonian girl once, and She had the same accent. She also asked 'guess" the same way. That's how.
She thinks: wow... I wonder who that girl was... But I always ask, I'm like collecting Estonians, so I shouldn't ask now. Otherwise He thinks I'm crazy. I'm sure this girl is long gone from here anyway.
Soon Akeeb and Adeeb leave.
She stays for a bit more.
Next day:
She's working and suddenly MSN-Akeeb logs in. She decides to open the chat window and refresh her memory about this dude. She sees the picture and gasps: NO WAY!!! It's the same guy!
And then She remembers. Way back when Germany was still around, She had a party. And this is where She met Akeeb. And they talked on MSN a lot, and then He went back home to Bangladesh for a while, and the chats never picked up.
So She messaged Him, and said that they did already know each other. He hadn't recognized Her either. Even though, to think back, the same accent, the same way of speaking, and how many Estonians are there in Ottawa anyway.
World is small and has its interesting ways...
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment