I had an interesting (or should I say "interesting") Halloween. My supervisor volunteered me to take care of one old lady (she's estonian and a friend of his mother). She had an eye surgery (cataract surgery) and she needed someone to take her to the hospital and then home, and make sure she is ok. There didn't seem to be anyone else, so I didn't really have a choice. I can't leave a human in trouble.
So at 7 am we were already at the hospital (and I usually wake up at 10 am). She woke up at 9.30, and we headed back to her house. I made some brunch (I had to boil eggs, and I screwed it up:( But she said it's ok). And then we sat there and watched/listened to TV. I had planned to leave around 2 or 3, if she's ok. I had to go to the lab to finish some stuff. And then my supervisor calls. And tells the lady that I will provide some dinner too. Whaaat??? I was not impressed. But the lady was very happy to hear that and totally agreed. So then I left for the lab (I had missed all the pumpkins and costumes and candy), finished my stuff, scavenged the floors to get materials for my costume (in case I can make it out to the party later), and then headed back to the lady's house. I picked up some Chinese food (my supervisor suggested one particular place. Sort of pricey though. But he said, oh, the lady will pay.) and we had dinner. The crazy part was that I didn't know how to ask for money... So it was my treat...
Finally I got at home at 8.30.
Then I wrapped the materials found around myself and got into my role (as a Paperbag princess, in case you don't recognize), and we headed to Miss B's place for the party. It was impressive. Great costumes and AWESOME decorations.
Me and my dragon (By Craig):

Me in Doroti (?)'s shoes (by Jenn):

A few more:

We got home at 1.30. I had an invitation to my neighbor's party as well. I wasn't too tired, so I decided to head up and say hi. I was treated with a delicious lychee "eyeball" cosmopolitan. It was sooo good. And we listened to music and chatted. There wasn't too many people left, but it was quiet and nice. At 2 or 2.30 there was a knock on a door and 2 more (random) people came. It turned out that they were our neighbours too. And it also turned out that one of them is the crazy person, who plays bass at 1 am in the apartment above me. I knew the guy already before, but I thought he is just a random dude visiting. But no, he is the culprit of all the noise. I wanted to see his place, to understand why is there so much noise all the time. Very often it sounds like he is rearranging his place. The weird thing was, that it was fairly empty furniture wise, just full of crap. And he has his mattress on the ground, which explains, why I can hear so well, when he turns his side during the night. Anyway - I told him, that I don't appreaciate the noise, and he said, that he will try to be better, and that I can come anytime to tell him, if he's annoying me. So that's good. And then he wanted to get too close to me, so I ran away. He has a very cute kitty Willy though:)
After that I decided to take some more pictures of my new hair and outfit. I wanted to do it on the old stairs in the hallway. It was 3 am, but the traffic was too heavy in my building, so I got scared and ran back to my apartment. And so I took a few inside:
No comments:
Post a Comment